HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD AN INDIVIDUAL DRINK IN A DAY
Water is the essential need for every individual, without water the survival of any organism is impossible. now without wasting much time lets take a look at different elements that are related to water...
Health benefits of water
Water is the basic chemical component which makes up to 60 percent of body weight. Every cell, tissue, and organ in the body needs water to work properly. For example,
Keeps your temperature normal.
Lubricates and cushions joints.
- Protects sensitive tissues.
Lack of water can lead to dehydration -- a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired thus it is very important to prevent dehydration and make sure your body has the fluids it needs, makes water your beverage of choice. You can do it in several ways like
- Drink a glass of water each meal and between each meal.
- Drink water before, during and after exercise.
- Drink water if you're feeling hungry.
Your intake of water can be affected by many factors such as:
- Overall health.
How much to drink
Commonly about 6-8 glasses (1.2 liters) a day - but remember you get some of this form food.
- About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids for men.
- About 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women.
To increase the intake you can try following ways:
Add flavor to your pitcher of water.
- Infuse your drinks or, try lemon or fresh fruit flavors.
- Take a sip before every meal.
- You can get a high tech water bottle.
- Dilute sugary drinks with water and ice.
- Keep a jug next to you.
- Eat water-rich foods.